Happy Valentines Day!
For those who don’t know the story of the Red String of Fate:
An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet,regardless of time, place, or circumstance.The thread may stretch or tangle,but it will never break.
— Ancient Chinese Proverb
One story featuring the red string of fate involves a young boy. Walking home one night, a young boy sees an old man standing beneath the moonlight (Yuè Xià Lǎo). The man explains to the boy that he is attached to his destined wife by a red thread. Yuè Xià Lǎo shows the boy the young girl who is destined to be his wife. Being young and having no interest in having a wife, the young boy picks up a rock and throws it at the girl, running away. Many years later, when the boy has grown into a young man, his parents arrange a wedding for him. On the night of his wedding, his wife waits for him in their bedroom, with the traditional veil covering her face. Raising it, the man is delighted to find that his wife is one of the great beauties of his village. However, she wears an adornment on her eyebrow. He asks her why she wears it and she responds that when she was a young girl, a boy threw a rock at her that struck her, leaving a scar on her eyebrow. She self-consciously wears the adornment to cover it up. The woman is, in fact, the same young girl connected to the man by the red thread shown to him by Yuè Xià Lǎo back in his childhood, showing that they were connected by the red string of fate.
School has been so busy that I have no time to draw. I was lucky to finish this one. I had another Valentines Day drawing in mind but I never had the chance to draw it… well until next year haha.
- super-notnatural likes this
- bornreadygeneration likes this
- sil-pae-ja likes this
- spliffcity reblogged this from chris-re5
- mythederogue reblogged this from chris-re5
- moonieprism likes this
- bubblynubblystripes likes this
- vodesny reblogged this from chris-re5
- audreycormier33 likes this
- britishdisaster likes this
- jjchanime reblogged this from chris-re5
- jjchanime likes this
- napping-tiger likes this
- tumbleweedsrolling likes this
- teablo likes this
- destroythemwithlazers likes this
- destinedforzaleho likes this
- lost-memento likes this
- fortesinfide reblogged this from chris-re5
- flamonkes reblogged this from chris-re5
- chris-re5 posted this